Today we wish you a Happy Holiday Season. We are very appreciative of the opportunity to keep your family warm, comfortable, and safe throughout the year with precision heating and air conditioning.
While holiday visiting may be different this year with limitations due to the pandemic, it still means celebrating with our families – even virtually. Smiles, warm feelings, food, and splurging with desserts add to the spirit and joys of the season.
Unfortunately, this often means that people are not being kind to the environment. When preparing to heap your table high with food, here are a few tips to make your holiday eco-friendly.
Before you bring out your favorite holiday sweater or start mashing potatoes, here are some tips to help you enjoy a tasty meal without a big spike in your energy bill.
- Lower the thermostat by a couple of degrees before you start your meal preparation. Chances are, you’ll be using the stovetop and your oven, and the temperature throughout your home will heat up. Keeping the temperature around 68º will ensure your guests are comfortable and keep your heating costs to a minimum.
- If you haven’t already adapted your home for the winter season, it’s not too late! Practicing a few of the simple, helpful hints that will make your home more comfortable and energy efficient. Your family will notice the difference.
- If you have a variable speed furnace, much of this temperature adjustment is done automatically by your smart furnace. Furnaces with variable speed airflow automatically adjust the heat level in each room as you family members move from the dinner table, to the family room, and to the kitchen. It adds comfort and savings. It’s a real difference-maker for your home and the environment.
- Avoid peeking. Opening and closing the oven door causes heat to escape and will increase cooking times. It’s tempting – but costly. Also, use tightly fitted lids on pots to help keep the heat in. You’ll be able to keep the temperature setting lower and cook more efficiently.
- Whenever possible, use a microwave or toaster oven. Both use less than half the energy of your regular oven.
The second-best part of a holiday meal – leftovers! Place leftovers in sealed, reusable containers and allow the contents to cool before placing in the fridge. Putting warm food in the fridge causes it to work harder to keep cool – increasing your home’s electricity use.
Though your mother may have told you to wash your plate before putting it in the dishwasher, that’s not really necessary any more. Simply scrape, rinse and load. You’ll cut-down on wasted water.
We Help Homeowners
Flader Heating and Air Conditioning is uniquely suited to make your home eco-friendly year-round. We’ve been serving your neighbors and our community for over 100-years and 4-generations of the Flader Family. We take pride in exceeding expectations, providing peace-of-mind, and improving the comfort and quality of our customers’ lives.
The Flader Difference
Only Flader Heating and Air Conditioning delivers:
- The most Responsive Service – 24-hours/7-days a week
- Personal attention from certified and licensed technicians
- Only the most dependable equipment and parts
- Money saving Maintenance Agreements
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Whether you’re replacing your furnace or central air conditioning, adding a dehumidifier or clean air system, or cleaning and servicing your air quality system, we are knowledgeable experts in delivering the service you need. Look to us for your annual inspection. Duct cleaning. Diagnose malfunctions. Improving ventilation. Replacing Filters.
Flader Plumbing and Heating only recommends equipment, models, and brands proven to have the fewest problems and service calls.
Our professional technicians arrive on-time, listen, answer your questions, recommend the right solution, and deliver as promised. Flader technicians average 10-years of experience and are EPA certified. Experience counts!
Expert service, quality parts, and satisfaction guaranteed. That’s the combination you deserve. Don’t compromise. Call us at 847-491-6980.
Once again, from our family to yours, have a safe and warm holiday season.